Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Reporting to: Regional Field Service Manager
Direct reports: None
Objective of the role:
To work as part of a Regional Service team to provide our customers with an excellent level of service which is technically competent and helps our customers to effectively maintain the performance of their equipment.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- In line with our model visit, effectively represent the Hako brand in terms of appearance, conduct and communication.
- To use technical competence to prevent equipment breakdown and where breakdowns occur, to minimise the impact upon customer operations.
- To provide effective and technically competent breakdown and preventative maintenance services to products and systems at a variety of sites.
- To identify and communicate to our customers, solutions to problems they encounter with the performance of their equipment. Such solutions to include but not be limited to new product sales, repairs or hire solutions.
- To identify changes to individual customer contracts in terms of equipment covered, customer contact information and site requirements and feedback of such information to the service team in Crick.
- To ensure that any customer reports are completed professionally, and clearly articulate the outcome and recommendations of any visit.
- To maintain accurate records (which may be paper-based or electronic) so that the business may determine contract profitability and engineer productivity. Ensure customer authorisation is obtained for all work carried out to prevent invoice queries.
- To be responsible for the accurate management of spare parts stock to ensure a high level of first time fix.
- Audit van stock on a monthly basis – follow the returns process for stock returned to Crick.
- To accurately administer Chargeable repairs in-line with business requirements Including request for PO’s and work authorisation.
- To accurately operate and complete details in the Service Management system, where possible this should be in real time unless limited by connection or safety.
- To ensure that all stock, company equipment and tools are kept clean safe and secure and maintained to high standard.
- To maximise the time spent on productive work either travelling to or working on customer sites.
- To undertake and attend training courses necessary to develop and maintain competence to undertake the role.
- To ensure accurate and timely administrative care is taken when completing time sheets.
- When necessary, be available to undertake work in overtime in-line with the requirements of the business and our customers.
- As the business demands, be available to work out of normal area for periods of time.
- To observe and comply with all company policies and appendices within the Contract of Employment.
- Take responsibility for understanding and agreeing action plan for own development needs.
- Ensure that you constantly display customer focus and reflect the culture ‘Hako UK – winning as one team’Any other duties deemed appropriate within the scope of the role and in-line with skills and experience.
- Provide customer with advice to ensure they are maximizing the potential of their machines.
- Provide pricing information (direct or via office) for Consumables, chemical or service contracts.
- In discussion with customer ascertain further Hako opportunities and pass lead to CST for process.
This is a field-based role, while the individual is part of a team they will normally be working alone at customer sites in the region for 5 days of a week. Support is available from Line Manager, Master Technicians and our Technical Training Team.
Essential – (minimum requirements to be able to perform the job effectively/successfully)
- Good Maths and English skills (min O’Level/GCSE Grade C or equivalent)
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years engineering experience within a service environment
- At least 3 years experience of customer service, with a technical support focus.
Interpersonal & Behavioural Skills – (To include core competencies)
- Development potential – will either have the potential to move a minimum of one further level in the organisation or remain in role and develop into a respected senior specialist.
- Customer Centric – must have the ability to think beyond the status quo in order to ensure the organisation exceeds our customers’ expectations;
- Drive – fully focused on delivering high levels of customer service.
- Personal impact – perceived as energetic individual by both the customer and the rest of the Hako organisation;
- Tenacity – will always strive to achieve goals irrespective of the perceived size and extent of obstacles.
- Risk taker – not afraid to take risks and challenge deeply embedded organisational beliefs.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
Skills & Experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programmes and good working knowledge of SAP
- Substantial customer relationship management experience
- Display the Company’s Core Competencies and behaviours at all times – CP 002
Interested candidates should apply in writing to HR@Hako.co.uk
Hako Machines Ltd, Eldon Close, Crick, Northants, NN6 7UD
Tel: 01788 825600
Hako Machines Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Agencies need not apply
The above job description is not an exhaustive list of duties. The Company reserves the right to adapt, change and add to these duties, tasks and responsibilities in line with business needs.