Within the cleaning sector, there are always exciting career possibilities opening. To work for such a reputable and professional company as Hako, make sure you visit this page often for current and new positions available with us!
Job Title: Workshop Engineer (Refurb)
Reporting to: Workshop Manager
Direct reports: None
To Maintain, repair, service and modify the company’s past and current product range, focussing mainly on refurbishing used machines to a high standard, keeping a stock list of the used machines, and assessing used machines as they arrive, ensuring that machines are graded as appropriate.
Assisting in the smooth operation of the workshop. Responsible for completing all paperwork in a timely manner. Equipment should be inspected for technical inaccuracies and ascetics, always considering the customer impact and machine quality control. Ensure all machines have a Workshop PDI form completed, highlighting any issues or observations. Responsible for testing all workshop machinery in line with current Health and Safety guidelines.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- To service, maintain, overhaul, fault-find and rectify faults on the company’s products within the limits of training.
- To refurbish/restore used or hire machines to a high standard for resale, including assessing defects (mechanical and aesthetic), ordering parts and carrying out the necessary repairs in a cost-effective manner to maximise profitability.
- To keep a stock list of all used machines with associated grade, highlighting the eventual outcome of the machine.
- To assess returned used machines, and grade them according to condition, value, and estimated refurbishment costs.
- To add newly returned used machines to the stock list.
- Ensure the Crick machine yard is clean, tidy and organised in-line with company guidelines and health and safety requirements.
- To diagnose and calibrate the machines using the supplied diagnostic equipment, (training and support will be provided).
- To know the company’s past and present product range.
- To promptly report all minor, major or unusual defects on company products, especially new models or modified products.
- To know and understand how to use our internet based technical information sources: Hako Spare Parts Manuals, Hako Service Bulletins etc.
- To maintain company tools and property, reporting any defects to the workshop manager.
- To always practice good housekeeping.
- To accurately complete and submit worksheets and all other required documentation in a timely manner.
- To approach your manager whenever help or advice is required.
- To maintain a clean, tidy, and safe working environment.
- To undertake projects as required by your manager from time to time.
- To ensure that the Company’s Safety Regulations are always followed.
- To always operate at the highest professional and ethical standards.
- To always operate within the Company’s policies and procedures.
- At all times to promote a professional company image.
- You may be occasionally required to work overtime. You will normally be given notice; however it would be beneficial to be able to accept overtime at short notice during peak periods.
- Any other ad-hoc jobs as required
Essential – (minimum requirements to be able to perform the job effectively/successfully)
Education & Training
- Good Maths and English skills (min GCSE or equivalent)
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written.
- Highly organised with experience of working to fixed time critical deadlines.
- At least 5 years engineering experience within a workshop environment.
- A good understanding of automotive electrics, wiring diagrams and diagnostic tools.
The successful candidate will be required to have at least two of the below:
- Previous working experience of servicing and maintaining a range of petrol, LPG and diesel equipment.
- Previous working experience of servicing and maintaining battery powered vehicles/machines.
- Knowledge/previous experience in using vehicle/plant diagnostic equipment.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems.
Education & Training
- Educated to minimum of ‘A’ level or equivalent;
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in the cleaning equipment, plant or similarly related industry.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite of programmes
- Good working knowledge of SAP
Interpersonal & Behavioural Skills – (To include core competencies)
- Development potential – Will either have the potential to move a minimum of one further level in the organisation or remain in role and develop into a respected senior specialist.
- Customer centricity – Must have the ability to think beyond the status quo in order to ensure the organisation exceeds our customers’ expectations.
- Drive – – Fully focused on delivering high levels of customer service.
- Personal impact – Perceived as an energetic individual by both the customer and the rest of the Hako organisation.
- Tenacity – Will always strive to achieve goals irrespective of the perceived size and extent of obstacles.
- Risk taker – Not afraid to take risks and challenge deeply embedded organisational beliefs.
- Display the Company’s Core Competencies and behaviours at all times – CP 002
Interested candidates should apply in writing to HR@Hako.co.uk
Hako Machines Ltd, Eldon Close, Crick, Northants, NN6 7UD
Tel: 01788 825600
Hako Machines Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Agencies need not apply
The above job description is not an exhaustive list of duties. The Company reserves the right to adapt, change and add to these duties, tasks and responsibilities in line with business needs.
At Hako we pride ourselves on being a great organisation to work for. We want you to be part of our team’s long term vision and success.
We believe that success can only come from a high performance culture, with everyone pulling in the same direction and buying into the same values. We expect a lot from you: in return, you can expect a lot from us. We offer a generous benefits package that rewards dedication and hardwork.
- 4-week induction programme to help you settle in
- 25 days holiday allowance + plus a ‘birthday holiday’*
- Hako Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Everyday Healthcare Paycare – claim money back for a range of everyday healthcare costs, including: Dentist (Private or NHS), Opticians, Chiropody, Health Screening and more.**
- Long service awards from 5 years’ service at milestones
- Introduction incentive if you introduce a new starter to Hako
- In-house and external training. Hako encourage you to seek out relevant training courses from HR, technical, procurement to marketing and leadership courses).
- Health and wellbeing programme including free flu vaccine
*(extra day can be taken within 7 days of your birthday
**after you pass your 6 months’ probation
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, take a look at our current vacancies!