Within the cleaning sector, there are always exciting career possibilities opening. To work for such a reputable and professional company as Hako, make sure you visit this page often for current and new positions available with us!
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Reporting to: IT Manager
Direct reports: None
To provide 1st line technical support to all Hako Machines employees and customers and support the IT Manager in the day to day IT projects, support and administration duties.
The applicant must be enthusiastic about IT and technology and use their experience to help support the IT function at Hako Machines. They should enjoy a challenge and must want to learn and improve their IT skills.
Must also be able to work as part of a busy and dynamic IT Department and have good interpersonal skills. Training will be provided onsite for the right candidate as well as with external IT training companies when required.
Nature and scope (including impact of decision-making):
- Completing support calls via the phone and email and assisting in day to day IT related work to ensure a continuous high level of customer service is provided.
- Assist users with basic hardware and software issues and escalate more complex calls to the IT manager or External IT support team.
- The role may require some UK travel to other sites within the business along with some weekend and out of hours work as required.
- This role will require the ability to deal across functions, from shop floor personnel through to and including, main board of directors of major customers and our own internal organisation.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- IT Support for all end users both onsite and remote, via telephone, MS Teams and face to face.
- Basic fault finding on hardware and software
- Office administration – Quotes, IT statistics, Asset documentation, Creating documentation, guides, and processes
- Set-up Desktops / Laptops – Hardware Installation, assist onboarding new staff
- Support on Windows 10 and Windows 11 for end users
- Support Users on Office 365; advise on usage and best practices
- External supplier liaison to help resolve internal issues
- IT Project and System Testing to include ad-hoc reports when required.
- Phone system and Mobile phone support
- Ad-hoc IT duties as required
Essential – (minimum requirements to be able to perform the job effectively/successfully)
Education & Training
- An Interest in Technology/Computers
- Educated to GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
Skills & Experience
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in an IT support role
- Good Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Good Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Methodical and logical approach to problem solving
- Confident Telephone Manner
- Willingness to learn new skills and improve IT knowledge
Education & Training
- College/University IT Qualification.
Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of a CRM System
- Analysis and problem solving skills
- Technical knowledge: Active Directory, Exchange, Office365, Windows 10/11
Interpersonal & Behavioural Skills – (To include core competencies)
- Customer centricity – must have the ability to think beyond the status quo in order to ensure the organisation exceeds our customers’ expectations;
- Drive – fully focused on delivering.
- Personal impact – perceived as an energetic individual who will deliver, by both the customer and the rest of the Hako organisation;
- Tenacity – will always strive to achieve goals irrespective of the perceived size and extent of obstacles. Is willing to take risks.
- Display engagement and delivery of the Company’s Values – Professional, Adaptable and Dependable at all times and champion best practice within others in the business
- Display the Company’s Core Competencies and behaviours at all times – CP 002
Interested candidates should apply in writing to HR@Hako.co.uk
Hako Machines Ltd, Eldon Close, Crick, Northants, NN6 7UD
Tel: 01788 825600
Hako Machines Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Agencies need not apply
The above job description is not an exhaustive list of duties. The Company reserves the right to adapt, change and add to these duties, tasks and responsibilities in line with business needs.
At Hako we pride ourselves on being a great organisation to work for. We want you to be part of our team’s long term vision and success.
We believe that success can only come from a high performance culture, with everyone pulling in the same direction and buying into the same values. We expect a lot from you: in return, you can expect a lot from us. We offer a generous benefits package that rewards dedication and hardwork.
- 4-week induction programme to help you settle in
- 25 days holiday allowance + plus a ‘birthday holiday’*
- Hako Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Everyday Healthcare Paycare – claim money back for a range of everyday healthcare costs, including: Dentist (Private or NHS), Opticians, Chiropody, Health Screening and more.**
- Long service awards from 5 years’ service at milestones
- Introduction incentive if you introduce a new starter to Hako
- In-house and external training. Hako encourage you to seek out relevant training courses from HR, technical, procurement to marketing and leadership courses).
- Health and wellbeing programme including free flu vaccine
*(extra day can be taken within 7 days of your birthday
**after you pass your 6 months’ probation
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, take a look at our current vacancies!