Reporting to: Technical / H&S Manager
Main purpose of the role:
To work as an intrinsic part of the UK Sales organisation ensuring the effective demonstration, training and delivery of the full range of Hako equipment to all customers both internally and externally.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of all Hako products and services.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of all competitor products and service offerings and all key benefits that distinguish Hako from those competitor products and services
• Ensure the efficient and timely attendance of arranged deliveries, training sessions and demonstrations.
• Responsible for continually reviewing your weekly workload, monitoring your own time to check all equipment is prepared correctly, assisting the Machine Preparation Operative with equipment preparation when necessary
• Accountable for ensuring all machines have been prepped correctly;
- All battery powered machines must be fully charged prior to leaving Crick.
- LPG powered machines must have a full gas bottle and there should be a spare full gas bottle on the delivery vehicle.
- You must ensure diesel machines have enough fuel to ensure it can operate for as long is required on site.
- Ensuring the machine arrives on site with the correct range of pads and brushes as instructed by the sales person.
- Ensure that the equipment is prepped and in a clean ‘as new’ condition before leaving Crick.
• Accountable for ensuring equipment is returned to Crick, unloaded, cleaned and returned to Crick demo stock area.
• Accountable for reporting any equipment faults / damage noted during demonstrations to the Line Manager.
• Responsible for carrying out vehicle / trailer checks and rectify issues in conjunction with your Line Manager.
• The machine demonstration is to be carried out as directed by the relevant sales person, ie focusing on the key requirements for that particular site.
• Ensure professional and clean appearance at all times in line with the company’s corporate image
• Ensure the full utilisation of all available sales tools and to comply with required reporting policies and procedures at all times;
• Take responsibility for understanding and agreeing action plan for own development needs;
• Take responsibility for your ‘CPD’ training (minimum 7 hours per year) and ensure that it is appropriately maintained in order to drive the vehicles required in your line of duties.
• Take responsibility for ensuring accurate tacho recording are kept. Tacho cards must be downloaded on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for completing weekly timesheets, vehicle check sheets and processing of receipts in line with internal reporting processes.
• Responsible for ensuring Demonstration Stock is adequately maintained and any additional stock requirements / damaged stock replacements is requested via your Line Manager to ensure the Demonstration stock on SAP is up-dated.
(minimum requirements to be able to perform the job effectively/successfully)
|Education & Training
|· Good Maths and English skills (min ‘O’ level or equivalent)
· ‘CPD’ training.
· Ability to drive / tow trailers.
· Ability to drive Class 2 or above
|· Educated to minimum of ‘A’ level or equivalent;
|Skills & Experience
|· Ability to organise and manage work load, competently dealing with both peaks and troughs.
· Good communication skills can relay relevant information without being prompted.
· Ability to undertake training and understand the technical aspects of cleaning equipment.
|· Good working knowledge of MS Office suite of programmes
· Technical/engineering background especially in the cleaning machine industry or FLT industry
· At least 2 years’ demonstration experience, probably in an fmcg or manufacturing sector;
|Interpersonal & Behavioural Skills
(To include core competencies)
|· Customer centricity – must have the ability to think beyond the status quo in order to ensure the organisation exceeds our customers’ expectations;
· Drive – fully focused on delivering
· Personal impact – perceived as an energetic individual who will deliver, by both the customer and the rest of the Hako organisation;
· Tenacity – will always strive to achieve goals irrespective of the perceived size and extent of obstacles. Is willing to take risks.
• Has the potential to move a minimum of one further level in the organisation;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. The Company reserves the right to adapt, change and add to these duties, tasks and responsibilities in line with business needs.